Beliefs and values:
As a learning community we believe that:
- Every child needs to be considered as a unique individual and IIS provides an inclusive environment of teaching and learning.
- Our school community has the responsibility to meet each child’s developmental needs, emotionally, socially and cognitively
- Our school community provides holistic learning experiences for children that will inspire respect, independence, high self-esteem, kindness, and love.
- The love of the arts is part of holistic education; therefore, we provide a well-balanced holistic program, providing many outlets for creativity and self-expression
- Play and hands-on activities are essential to children’ learning and enable them to understand our community and world.
- The sense of immediate and global community is to be fostered at all stages of education.
- Languages are important to engage with our own culture and to interact with others’.
Our Vision for Invento students:
- To serve their community with knowledge, empathy and purpose.
- Equipped with 21st century skills, to adapt effectively to the challenges of our world and find a meaningful role to play as agents of positive changes.
- To value their cultural identity, enabling them to interact and grow in the local or international contexts.
- To respect and value different points of views in a spirit of collaboration for more inclusive world community
As a PYP candidate school and in accordance with the International Baccalaureate Organization mission statement, at Invento The Uzbek International School, we strive to empower each child under our care to:
- Grow his/her unique personality, inclinations with self- confidence.
- Get a deeper and meaningful understanding of his/her immediate environment.
- Instill the skills to build healthy relationships
- Build solid academic foundations combined with life-long learning habits
- Develop international mindedness through a carefully crafted bilingual student-centered program
Our 3/4 and above Homeroom teachers are bilingual. They are coached by experienced expat teachers who also teach literacy and numeracy everyday to their team age-group.
A teacher assistant and a nanny are supporting teachers and students and are enabling differentiated group work.
Invento is a vibrant learning community where all of us are continuously growing as professionals and individuals. We implement a well-resourced curriculum, promoting hands-on activities with a plethora of options. We have ongoing professional development which includes PYP weekly workshops to acquaint our local teachers to the IB philosophy and pedagogy. Our school psychologist also runs bi-monthly workshops to support our students and staff.
Besides our Homeroom teachers and Coaches, our specialist team includes Russian, Uzbek and Music teachers.
Ms Caroline Fogiel- Principal/ PYP coordinator
Ms Malika Akhundi, Assistant to the Principal
Grade level coaches:
¾ Ms Isis Peixer-Sigwalt
⅘ Ms Marcela Hormiga
⅚ Ms Ricky Dickason
It Coordinator: Mr Yevgeniy Balenkov
School Psychologist: Ms Jannatoy Rahimova